As a 5th grader my teacher told me and my parents during conference time that I was to quiet and needed to speak up more in class. He then told me "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." I have since hated this analogy. Upon telling this story to one of my classmates here in school he countered with a movie quote he vaguely remembered "The loud goose gets shot." I found this pretty amusing. Well today for the first time since probably high school I asked a question during class. I must admit I was a bit proud of myself. I didn't actually get the complete answer I was looking for though but thats ok because the complete answer was in a different field and beyond what we have learned thus far. Believe me I look forward to learning why a large amount of anisometropia can only be corrected with contacts and not in spectacles.
Lately the weather has been GORGEOUS; in the 60's! About 15 degrees warmer than normal which means they won't last long, but still warmer than home so I can't complain. A few weeks ago the weather was abnormally cold, and some snow was even forcasted. The students from around here and more south were thrilled. Those of us from more northern regions were highly amused by the excitement over the forcasted 1-3 inches! Schools were cancelling days in advance for the potential snow. We recieved an email explaining the schools policies and what to expect. We would not close for a "little amount of snow." What is "little" you might ask? Well we got a delay...
For this much snow...
Despite the snow we still had the school's ball...The EyeBall (get it?). After much debating my roommate and I decided not to wear our tights, but rather to wear sweat pants and leave them in the car for the ball (my date made sure to take a picture of the "functional fashion" against my instructions, thus my funny face)
No comments:
Post a Comment