Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Real Snow" Snow Days



A few weeks ago when the entire nation was being pummeled by snow there was no exception here in the Mid-South. Monday I woke up at my usual time and got ready to go work out at the little rec center that my apartment complex has. Just as I was getting ready to leave I recieved a text message. This was a little unusual since most normal people are not texting at 5:45 AM. Turns out it was an alert from school and classes had been cancelled and the clinic was closed due to inclement weather. YAY! I had spent the entire weekend studying for the two tests that I was supposed to have that day. I stood there for a while debating what to do. Go work out, or go back to bed? I was already up and dressed to go work out and the excitement of another snow day (and not having to take two tests) made me feel much less sleepy. So I decided I would go work out and be super productive on my day off since I had neglected studying for some classes over the weekend.
Inclement weather resulting in snow days so far has meant little to no snow or a sheet of ice. As I was walking out I thought maybe I should put on a real coat along with the fleece I usually wear, you know because of the "inclement weather." Good thing I did because to my surprise upon walking out of my apartment there was real legitimate snow about 3 inches or so! It was the heavy, wet kind that is good for making snowballs and snowmen! After working out I came back and took a few pictures while it was still dark and snowing:
I then went back to bed...(so much for "super productive," I decided just "productive" was okay). After my early morning nap I took another picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment