Wednesday, March 14, 2012

almost. done. studying. nonstop


Boards are almost upon the third year class, and we resemble teenagers more than the 20 something year olds that we actually are! We are irritable, faces broken out with stress induced acne and have mood swings between 'I can do this, it will be fine' to 'I know nothing, I'm going to fail' (the last being accompanied by hyperventilation). I know many of my friends husbands and boyfriends (and Ben) have been lashed out upon. So to them I want to say we really don't mean it, we will return to our normal sweet selves after boards!

Here is a sampling of where I've been the past 3 months along with a few study breaks :)

My desk at home:

It was a beautiful 80F here the other day so I studied on the patio all day!

I hate studying at the school library because of the lack of natural light, here is pretty much the only window in the library:
View of the window from the outside (the bottom half of the circle is the lunch room, the top is the library)
If one wants good windows to study by the Benjamin L. Hooks Main (public) Library delivers (they also have pretty light/sculpture/art in the grand staircase)
And you may see things like this in the parking lot (you know just another day at the library)...
For really pretty windows (and usually a quieter library) one can go to the Barret Library at Rhoades College. This campus is beautiful and one feels like he/she is studying in a castle with all the leaded and stained glass windows. These three pictures are of 1 window that spans an open area of 2 floors!
Then there is the local coffee shop. I splurge on a fancy coffee and a muffin or cake doughnut (not as good as a Casey's doughnut, but there are no Casey's round here)
Pretty garden/patio at Cafe E.
mmmmm, vanilla latte (kept me up all night!)
To keep myself from getting too burnt out I try to take a 10 minute break after each hour of study. Usually this is accomplished with a medium level sudoku game on my iPod. If there are any of these on boards I know I will do well :)
SVOSH held a trivia fundraiser night (brief explanation about SVOSH here and about my trip last year here) Even though I am not going on a trip this year I do try to support the group still. Plus who doesn't like trivia. The final bonus question was optometry related (because that is all we ever talk about!) Here are my fellow third years showing the classic way to figure out a strabismus question (an eye turn, often when we think through a problem we use our hands to simulate which way the eye is pointing- wall eyed, or cross eyed)
Jenny's birthday was the kick off to spring break. We all took a study break to help her celebrate by going to a karaoke bar. Lets just say it was an experience! We all had a good time. Here are Cal and Erin performing '03 Bonnie and Clyde' Best of the night!

Now I must go review/cram for boards a little more. Only 3 study days left, and 6 days till freedom!




No comments:

Post a Comment