Saturday, March 24, 2012

Life Resumes


Well Part I of boards are over and the wait to receive my score has now begun. It should be around the end of April- beginning of May. I have been crossing many things off of my "post boards to do list" and it is nice to resume a more normal life. I feel like my old self again, and it feels wonderful.
Just before boards Ben came to visit and keep me sane and fed. He brought more daffodils (and another mason jar)! The Monday before the test we were all excused from class and clinic and told not to study (you don't prepare for a marathon by running a marathon the day before). So we went out to lunch with some friends and spent the rest of the day doing whatever little whim I wanted to do. We went to a few antique shops, got gelato, and went to the pool.

The 2 days of testing took more out of me than I thought they would. Not only where they mentally draining but also physically and emotionally draining as well. The NBEO is very concerned about cheating and some strict rules are in place. Only certain water bottles were approved, we could not have our cell phones in the testing room at all, we were not allowed to wear watches, and we were provided pencils and a calculator. At the end of the exam we were allowed to take the pencils and calculator we used for the last session (there were four sessions and for each one we were randomly assigned to one of two testing rooms and a seat in that particular room). I hope these are more like party favors rather than a consolation prize (please, please, please let there be a little 'P' on my score rather than an 'F').

Yesterday we went out for ice cream to celebrate Anna and Amanda's birthdays. They had birthdays before boards, but chose to celebrate them post boards. Anna and I got a vanilla malts. We were shocked when the rest of our friends commented that none of them had had malts before!
Anna and I with our Malts!

Al, Ashley and Amanda:


Amanda and Sharon:

(Don't I have such pretty friends?)
Last night I took it easy and started planing on some sewing projects that I want to complete while watching chick flicks. It was just me as Al was out with her boyfriend Drew, and Penny is still in Iowa. Then this commercial came on! It spoke to me as no commercial ever has before. That green apartment, and little westie! Granted my couch would fit perfectly in that room, my westie has probably never been that white, nor would ever allow me to put a rain jacket on her! Next week I will be going to Iowa for the state association meeting and I am planning on swinging home for a day to see Paul and bring Penny back with me. I am really looking forward to going home since I haven't been back since the first of January!


(photos taken from this source)


No comments:

Post a Comment