Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I don't like that, I don't want that, no, Nooo!



The title of this post comes from a little girl I used to babysit named Laine (who is a senior in high school this year, yikes!) Anyways when you attempted to put something she didn't like on her plate she would squeal these words. Well being a picky eater myself I could relate. Recently I have come to the conclusion I am not a picky eater however, I was just raised to think I was. Either that or my taste buds have changed (probably a combination of the two). I have heard somewhere that a person's taste buds change every 7 years, so something you didn't like before you may love now and vice versa. I did a little un-scientific google search and it appears that taste buds do change every 5-7 years.
So now I try to try foods that I previously would have said "no way" to eating. I figure it is unfair to say I don't like something if I don't remember ever trying it in the first place. I don't like to cook but Ben does so when he comes to visit he makes meals for us, and so far I've liked everything! I did think he was a little crazy when we went to a grill out with some friends and all we brought along were vegetables (NO MEAT?) but it was good, and we had some left overs for a pick nick the next day!

Farmers market loot: squash, zucchini, eggplant and cherry tomatoes

All grilled up

Pick nick with left over veggies and grown up PB&J sandwiches (nutella and raspberry preserves)

Roasted red pepper hummus and our pick nick decor

Grilled chicken with pesto penne pasta and cherry tomatoes and squash

No comments:

Post a Comment