Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend



At the end of May some of Ben's family from Michigan came to visit Tennessee. I was invited to the weekend festivities to meet everyone. I got into town pretty late since Ben lives about 4 and a half hours away. So I met everyone on Saturday morning. The weekend was filled with good food, site-seeing, bonfires and family time. I really enjoyed getting to meet everyone. On Sunday we went to a nearby town where there was a giant tree house. I hear there was an architect who was inspired (by God?) to build this big tree house. There are church services held in the tree house, but I'm not really sure of the schedule, the rest of the time it is open for people to explore and experience. It was really amazing!

View of the tree house from the ground


Architecture just wraps around the tree and it's branches


Pew in the Sanctuary area


View of the tree house from the third-ish story


On the side of the tree house at one of the "decks"


View of the grounds from the same "deck"

After exploring the tree house we went to a park area to see a waterfall. First we were at the stream at the top, then we hiked down to the pool at the bottom. The water was so cold, but refreshing since it was a hot day!

Looking up stream


Cooling our feet off


Waterfall!


On the hike to the bottom


Ben and I


Looking back up


Ben's family playing in the water


Ben exploring the other end of the pool

It was a wonderful way to start the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment